Annual family retreats and events are held at various locations around the state on specific topics of interest. Events may include ski trips, museum outings, technology workshops, concerts, or other special events, which are often at a location of interest to children and adults. Child care is usually available.
Please refer to the Calendar of Events link below for upcoming events. Details for many of these events are published in the MPVI Quarterly Newsletter. Please be sure to read these newsletters as they provide important information regarding blindness related issues and upcoming events. Events hosted by organizations other than MPVI can usually be found in the recent newsletter link.
UPCOMING MPVI EVENTS
- Calendar of Events - Click Here
- Annual Fall Family Retreat Information: Discover the Arts from All Angles!
- September 22-24, 2017
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Free Art Prize Educational Class
- “Night with the Bairds” – Discussion session with Jim and Ann Baird, long-time teachers of children and young adults with visual impairments*
- Specially designed tours of Art Prize 2017
- Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- Food Truck Lunch and a Great Pizza Dinner!
- Family Chili Cook-off at OUB Camps at Camp Optimist
- Membership Board Meeting: Sun. September 24 @ 11am @ Camp Optimist
- $50 per person, $10 each for more than 2 children, under 5 free!
- Includes: 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn Grand Rapids Downtown (corner of College and Michigan), 5 meals, entrance to Meijer Gardens, all materials, maps, etc.!
- Registration Due Friday Aug. 18, 2017
- Online Registration Form Link Below- Includes Retreat Details and Tentative Schedule https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UMYIH28domdV1tOX72O_6-U6V6ejg4t8dONDYhgAzWg/viewform
- Challenge Mountain Annual Ski Trip
- Date: Jan 26-28, 2018
- Board Meeting will be Sat. Jan 27, 2018
Please click on the MPVI Newsletter for the details for many upcoming events.
Events Sponsored by Other Organizations:
See the MPVI Newsletter or the Calendar of Events for many events which are being sponsored by other organizations in the upcoming months.